It's Game Day here in Alamosa, our Grizzlies are set to take on rival CSU-Pueblo tonight. While the guys were in meetings this morning - a few of the coaches wives channeled THEIR inner athletes with a fun pre-game stadium workout! We've all got guests coming into town and Saturday schedules to get to - but a quick sweat session out at the stadium was the perfect start to the weekend!
Here's the workout we did! Don't have a stadium to work out in? No worries...this workout can be done ANYWHERE!
We used this board as our guide this morning...below is a do-anywhere version that you can actually read!
WARMUP - Start with a 5 minute walk or jog. We took a lap around the track.
DYNAMIC STRETCHES - walk like a tin man, jog with high knees, butt kicks and karyoke for a few passes
STRENGTH/CARDIO CIRCUIT -
1. BENCH PUSHUPS - Level 1 with your hands on the bench. Level 2 with your feet on the bench! You can even do this on your stairs. Aim for 10-15.
2. RUN THE BLEACHERS - Take two trips up and down the stands. No stadium? Run your stairs at home or do step ups for 2 minutes on a chair/bench.
3. BENCH DIPS - Keep your hips high (higher than this picture!) - focus on your triceps doing the work. 10-15 reps.
4. GOAL LINE HOP - like skier jumps, keep your feet together and hop side-to-side over a line. A sidewalk crack works great for this too! 20 hops.
5. RUN/LUNGE/RUN - Sprint 25 yards (or jog in place 30 seconds) then complete walking lunges 25 yards (about 20 reps) and sprint back. Keep your chest up on your lunges and your knee over your front ankle.
6. BOX-BOX-KICK-KICK - just like it sounds! Take two punches, then two kicks. Complete 20 rounds.
That's the circuit. We completed it twice - with a core circuit of planks, russian twists and ATOMIC sit-ups after each round. The total workout was 45 minutes. Complete the circuit as many times you like for a total body GAME DAY WORKOUT!
Thanks to the awesome girls of Adam's State Football for joining on this beautiful sunny/cold morning!
Are you headed to to a football game this weekend?
What stadium would be your favorite one to workout in?
Disclaimer: Although I am an AFAA certified Personal Fitness Trainer, you should consult a physician before starting any exercise program or diet. If you choose to do any workouts on this website, you do so at your own risk.
Click here for workouts, personal training and your OWN stadium workout event
It's great to see you! I'm Alyssa and I blog about all the things I've found "essential" in my life as a fit mama and football coach's wife. You'll find all kinds of fun stuff here like workouts, oily info, football stories and more!
Subscribe here for the latest blog post delivered to your inbox!
I am not a licensed medical professional. All views expressed on this website are based on my own personal research and experiences. Please consult your doctor with any medical issues before beginning a training program.
In order to support all of this blogging fun, affiliate links will appear on this blog from time to time. Purchasing from links on my blog provides me with a commission but will not affect your prices. I only promote products I use and love!
I really appreciate your support!