It's FRIDAY! I've been kind of out of it all week...so here are some random (and potentially over-dramatic) thoughts for the day.
1. I'm kinda freaking out about not running. I've been sick (like ugh can't breathe can't move can't sleep can't talk sick) since we got home on Sunday. I have not run once. I already was slacking on mileage while in Hawaii, and now I'm officially way behind. I know that rest will help be get better but I'm really getting worried about being ready for my half! It's in less than a month! Isn't it funny how you can dread running and then the second you're sick or injured you're like "I miss running so much I might not survive without it".
2. But seriously, how can I get rid of this sickness? I've tried practically everything! Humidifier, saline, nasal rinses, teas, essential oils, steaming, chicken noodle soup, vitamin C, healthy food, cough drops.... Yes. I get overly dramatic when I'm sick. Luckily it doesn't happen very often! But when will I ever feel better?? WAHH!
3. How is it so ridiculously DRY in Colorado? Last complaint I promise. I never mind the lack of humidity here until I get sick and then I get borderline panicky. I.CANT.BREATHE. I need to get back to Hawaii (or any state that has humidity) pronto. It's either that or move into a steam room. That actually sounds quite delightful at the moment.
4. On an exciting note - I finally signed up for my pre/post natal fitness certification! I'm so excited to start studying so I can help more new mamas! Maybe that will keep me from complaining while I'm not running.
5. I swear I have 5 thoughts. Actually...my brain is completely blank. Wow. Time to go. Thanks for the vent y'all.
how about you?
How do you deal with getting sick while training for a race?
Anybody have a steam room I can move into?
It's great to see you! I'm Alyssa and I blog about all the things I've found "essential" in my life as a fit mama and football coach's wife. You'll find all kinds of fun stuff here like workouts, oily info, football stories and more!
Subscribe here for the latest blog post delivered to your inbox!
I am not a licensed medical professional. All views expressed on this website are based on my own personal research and experiences. Please consult your doctor with any medical issues before beginning a training program.
In order to support all of this blogging fun, affiliate links will appear on this blog from time to time. Purchasing from links on my blog provides me with a commission but will not affect your prices. I only promote products I use and love!
I really appreciate your support!