1. Let your kiddos see you workout!
- While baby is doing tummy time, mama can do planks and push-up kisses!
- Take your kiddos on walks, runs and hikes - investing in a baby carrier and a high quality running stroller (BOB is my fave!) is not only a big investment in YOUR health, but in your kids' too!
- Throw on an exercise DVD or something from YouTube while your kiddo is playing in the same room. When they want to join in, let them!
- If they are too young to join, hold them for added resistance! (Check out this post for a workout you can do with your littlest love!)
- Find a mommy & me fitness or yoga class to do together
- Bring them to your races or competitions - kids are the best cheerleaders!
2. Make active play fun!
- Have a place to climb/slide play in your yard.
- Set up a sprinkler in your backyard for hours of running, sliding and spraying.
- Seek out new places to explore like nature trails, playgrounds or splash parks.
- Take your kids to a local track or field to run and play.
- For little babies - do baby yoga!
- A few balls, cones and chalk can go a long ways for creating active play.
- Race your kids across the lawn or across your living room.
- Encourage your kids to use different ways of movement to get around the house our yard. (ex: let's crawl like bears! Hop like a bunny! Side shuffle! Scoot like a crab)
- Make screen time moving time with kids fitness videos. I love Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube!